New Puppy Supply List: Things You Will Need Before Puppy Comes to Your Family
- Food bowl. This is going to be your pups favorite item of all. As labradors eat really fast it might upset their tummy, we recommend getting a slow feeder bowl. We started with 2PET Slowly Bowly but recently upgraded to a bigger one Slow Feeder Dog Bowl by Outward Hound.
- Water bowl. We chose ceramic bowl as it is more stable and as it is heavy it is difficult to flip over Signature Housewares City Pets Dog Bowl.
- Food Wellness CORE Natural Dry Grain Free Puppy Food, Chicken & Turkey.
- If you are planning to crate, it is best to get a large size crate with a divider, so you can adjust crate’s size as the puppy grows MidWest Dog Crate. More info about crate training can be found here.
- Collar and leash. It is a must to have as you will have to walk your puppy and start training from early days: Blueberry Pet Solid Color Collar and Blueberry Pet Classic Solid Color Dog Leash.
- Kongs to keep your puppy busy while you are away or not playing Puppy KONG Toy, KONG Puppy Tires.
- Poop bags, you will need a lot! Gorilla Supply 1000 Pet Poop Bags w Free Dispenser.
Additional Items That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Treats. You will find a huge variety of treats. So it is up to you what to get, but we are using these right now: Beef Bone Natural Dog Treat, Old Mother Hubbard Crunchy Classic Natural Dog Treats.
- Pet stain and odor eliminator. This will be your # 1 item for the first couple weeks Nature’s Miracle 3-in-1 Odor Destroyer.
- Mat. Labradors are messy. A lot. We started with Snug Pet Feeding Mat for Dog, but recently upgraded to Mr. Peanut’s Anti-Slip Multi-Purpose Tray & Pet Feeding Mat.
- Bedding. You want your puppy to feel comfortable, choose something that fits your budget BRINDLE Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed with Removable Washable Cover or OxGord Orthopedic Pet Bed Foam-Mattress for Dogs.
- Seat cover to keep your car clean as you will have to take your puppy to a vet or to some amazing trips AmazonBasics Waterproof Hammock Seat Cover for Pets.
- Toys, chews. Labradors are heavy chewers so it is a good idea to stock on some antlers Deer Antler Pieces and some other toys.
Books for additional information on puppy care and training. You should start training your puppy from the very first day they come to your home:
- The Happy Puppy Handbook: Your Definitive Guide to Puppy Care and Early Training.
- 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog.
Create your own checklist from this new puppy supply list, and you will be sure that you are very well prepared for a new family member.
This is our yellow lab puppy Cheepsus on his first day at his new home.